Juniors – What to Focus on in January
Juniors! The college admissions process is closer than you think… January equals the mid-point of your junior year. NOW is the time to review your MID-YEAR JUNIOR CHECKLIST. This is an exciting but busy year for you.
1. Meet with High School counselor
- Review PSAT scores with counselor and parents
- Ask for recommendations for summer programs
- Set senior year course schedule
- Review your standardized testing schedule
- Discuss any school based standardized testing (AP, IB, other)
2. Gear up for Senior Year
- Explore summer programs
- Set up plans to prepare for all spring tests, using PSAT test scores as a guide
- Talk to teachers about recommendation policies.
- Do some job shadowing or internships to learn more about potential careers
- Plan college visits
Review the 4-Year Plan you created with EduPlan to make sure your Senior Year courses will fulfill your graduation requirements and your college admissions goals.
Update your resume to have it ready for summer program applications.