Activities Matter in College Admissions
Many colleges use activities to understand you more as a person. Remember this goal when you make your list.
Tips for getting an edge in your application with activities:
- Make a master list of all your activities in high school, starting with 9thgrade.
- Write down everything – you can prioritize later.
- Ask parents and friends for input. They will remember something you forgot.
- Be sure to include one time events, like a blood drive or fundraising event.
- List things you are involved in, like babysitting, cooking classes, music, sports, reading. They don’t need to be organized activities.
- Then proceed to develop your Resume with EduPlan!
Create and complete an Activity Record and then your Resume, store in a folder on your computer, and keep it updated. You can give it to teachers and counselors when they write your recommendations. It will help them write a better recommendation for you. Many college applications will also ask for a Resume, so create one that will make you shine!