EduPlan Krop Scholarship
EduPlan College Admissions Counseling Scholarship for Krop Juniors
Because higher education should not be a privilege, but a right for all students!
Attaining a college degree is not only one of the most important goals in anyone’s life, but also, the beginning of a path towards self-fulfillment. As educational consultants, at EduPlan, we understand the role higher education plays in supporting anyone achieve their goals, opening a spectrum of career possibilities. As former admissions officers at The University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, we also gained in-depth understanding of strategies to succeed in the competitive college admission process.
The EduPlan College Admissions Counseling Scholarship for MKHS juniors (rising seniors) caters this specific need. Our program provides an opportunity for MKHS excelling students to receive personalized support throughout the process of succeeding in applying and financing an education at highly selective colleges and universities.
To find out how to apply, please read the instructions bellow carefully.
The goal of this merit scholarship program is to provide tuition assistance to truly deserving students. Juniors are eligible when having demonstrated academic, sports, and/or artistic achievement. Students must also show their interest in receiving college admissions assistance to achieve their maximum potential in the admissions process.
Three (3) full 100% merit scholarship for private college admissions consulting, valued at US$2,900 each are being offered for this term. Scholarships will be granted to students showing outstanding academic, sports and/or artistic achievement.
We have learned that the best way to set students up to succeed in college admissions is by starting as early as possible in the process. Therefore, the consulting program is set to begin during the summer transition. Students do not need to be on location in South Florida to conduct sessions, as we provide an interactive system to work on every aspect of the application via the internet. However, they will be required to begin their application work over the summer. The EduPlan scholarship program is not intended for students who are already receiving private college admissions coaching.
Candidates should carefully evaluate their desire to achieve a College Education prior to applying – See following consulting specifications on Agreement. They should be certain that they will take full advantage of the educational and career consulting opportunities afforded by them through the scholarship and that they are able to follow through with the requirements of the scholarship.
Students must commit to the following to be eligible for the EduPlan Scholarship Program:
* Be prepared to start the program upon acceptance;
* Complete the training with EduPlan in a timely manner;
* Complete all assignments prior to each deadline to facilitate consulting process;
* Ask questions as needed to ensure that I fully understand the concepts;
* Apply themselves thoroughly and get all they can out of the consulting;
* Provide a volunteer service of their choice to EduPlan upon graduation (examples: being available to discuss the advantage of receiving college admissions support with future scholarship candidates by phone or email, providing a testimonial for use in scholarship promotional materials, volunteering, mentoring, and/or promoting EduPlan scholarship programs and events to students that could benefit from such services);
Inability to comply with agreement commitment will cancel scholarship rights and privileges.
There are several parts to this application. Please fill out the entire application online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Ka_2fo6Ftdu6v0Kj1ouSwHtA_3d_3d
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please refer to the timeline below for the steps in processing your application.
1. Submit scholarship.
2. Receive acknoledgement of receipt of scholarship application. 1 – 3 days.
3. Review of submission. 1 – 2 weeks after scholarship submission.
4. Schedule interview. 1 – 2 weeks after scholarship submission.
5. Fifteen-minute phone interview. 2 – 3 weeks after initial acceptance.
6. Review of materials by scholarship sub-committee. 2 – 4 weeks after initial acceptance.
7. Notification of student of acceptance or refusal. 2 – 4 weeks after scholarship submission.
8. Signing of Consulting Contract with Advising Process Timeline. Immediately after #7.
9. Consulting process begins. Immediately after #8.
The entire process typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. Deadline for Fall 2008 scholarship is July 30th, 2009. Scholarships will be provided on a rolling basis, awarding full scholarships first.
Submit your application, and begin the process!
EduPlan Consulting Process Specifics:
The following is a list of some of the services that will be provided as part of the consulting process for students earning the EduPlan College Admissions Counseling Scholarship for MKHS Juniors:
1. Evaluate Career Options through two Careers and Personal Branding Assessments
2. Assess College Choices through EduPlan’s School Priority Assessment and Develop List of College Options and Admissions School Portfolio catering Student and Family needs (financial, location, academic, prestige, scholarship opportunity-wise)
3. Consult on achieving merit scholarships and gaining opportunities to earn free money to attend college. Develop methodologies to receive full education funding to attend top schools in and out of state. Strategize on ways to finance your education without incurring in loans.
4. Development of a list of activities and community service work to support candidate in demonstrating leadership skills.
5. Exhaustive revision of applications filled by the student. Confirmation of veracity of content and identification of format comprehension, editing of reported data for accuracy.
6. Training in essay writing. Brainstorming on successful answers to essay questions, essay structure and content editing, maximizing message communication through this media.
7. Dates and strategies to take the needed standardized tests (SATs or ACTs). Strict follow-up of calendars and deadlines for application submission for each pre-selected program.
8. Support in visits to Universities and Colleges. Guidance on how to contact the admissions office and schedule appointments, relevant questions to ask and networking with admissions officers.
9. Interview coaching. 30-minute mock interview training sessions with 15-min review session following interview, over the phone or in person, as student is able.
10. Creation of Resume with professional format, dedicated to College Admissions.
11. Consulting on letter of recommendation structure, to maximize outcome of admission process. Support in letter outline development, to provide to teachers / counselors, as per their request.
12. Consulting on Website or Blog creation and development, analysis on best format. Consulting on developing favorable online identity that will be highly effective, in accordance to career goals.
13. Personal brand development, analyzing Vision, Purpose, Goals, SWOT, Values and Passions. Generation of Professional Unique Promise of Value, which strengthens all documents involved in the admission process.
14. Development of elevator pitch and strategies to uncover personal brand when conducting admissions interviews. Ideas of additional tools for personal marketing.