Marketing vs. PR vs. Advertising vs. “Personal” Branding
A few days ago, I found this rather interesting caricature on adsoftheworld.com that draws very well the difference between the concepts of Marketing, PR, Advertising and Branding.
- This illustration recreates vividly the added value Personal Branding has.
- Since Personal Branding is ALL about individuals, portrayed here is a simple and generalized view one of the important results from a well conducted Personal Branding process..
- Laurence, blogging in ProNet Advertising added some clever variations to the original script… Enjoy!
- You’re a woman and you see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, “I’m fantastic in bed.”
That’s Direct Marketing.
- You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, “Hi, I’m fantastic in bed.”
- You’re at a party and see a handsome guy. He fancies you, but you talk him into going home with your friend.
That’s a Sales Rep.
- Your friend can’t satisfy him so he calls you.
That’s Tech Support.
- You’re on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you’re passing, so you climb onto the roof of one situated towards the centre and shout at the top of your lungs, “I’m fantastic in bed!”
That’s Junk Mail.