Seniors: 5 Tips for Making College Applications Easier
You are on the home stretch! Only a few more weeks and your college applications will be close to done. Here are five ways you can keep sane during these last few weeks!
- Set-up Application Plans. Know what is needed to make a complete an application at each college where you are applying. Need recommendations? Transcripts? Essays? Make a list to keep track of and keep it in a folder on your computer.
- Check Application Deadlines. How many Early Action, Early Decision or Priority applications are you doing?
- Organize your calendar. Create a calendar with due dates for applications and other tasks you need to complete for your applications.
- Track Progress. Feel a sense of pride and relief as you check off each task, knowing you are one step closer to getting to college.
- Keep in touch with an advisor or teacher. Enlist the help of others. Your school or advisor may have deadlines or processes for you to follow. Check in with them often.
Create a file on your computer called “summary view” to keep track of your applications and status. Never miss a deadline! Keep track of your college application deadlines on your calendar!