Seniors – Get Ready for the Last Stretch
January equals the mid-point of your senior year. Depending on how you feel about it, it’s exciting or depressing!
NOW is the time to review your MID-YEAR SENIOR CHECKLIST. Don’t postpone- there are a lot of time sensitive deadlines in the next few weeks.
1. Meet with High school counselor
- Request copy of your seventh semester transcript for your records
- Request counselor send transcripts to colleges as needed
- Ask about and apply to scholarship opportunities within the colleges which already offered you admission, and seek scholarship opportunities with those colleges that you have not heard from yet – check scholarship deadlines to make sure you do not miss any
- Check on graduation requirements/deadlines
2. Check on College Applications
- Check email- follow up on any requests for information
- Set up college email account if requested by college
- Complete any January-February college applications you are still working on
- Confirm your test scores have been sent to all your colleges
- Confirm all your recommendations have been sent and received by the colleges
- Send update email to any colleges about additional honors/awards received since submitting your application.
3. Gear Up for Financial Aid
- Talk with parents about their college budget for you
- Attend financial aid workshops with parents
- Create federal student ID’s (to use with FAFSA) for you and parents
- Make sure your FAFSA and CSS Profile have been submitted and received by your colleges
- Check financial aid deadlines for colleges
- Send scholarship applications right away