SENIORS – Here is your Mid-Year Check-In
January equals the mid-point of your senior year. Depending on how you feel about it, it’s exciting or depressing! NOW is the time to review your MID YEAR SENIOR CHECKLIST. Don’t postpone, there are a lot of time sensitive deadlines in the next few weeks.
1. Meet With your High School Counselor
- Request a copy of your seventh semester transcript for your records
- Request your counselor send transcripts to colleges as needed
- Ask about scholarship opportunities
- Check on graduation requirements/deadlines
2. Check on College Applications
- Check your email and follow up on any requests for information
- Set up college email account if requested by college
- Submit any January-February college applications
- Confirm your test scores have been sent to all your colleges
- Confirm all your recommendations have been sent and received by the colleges
- Email an update to any colleges about additional honors/awards received since submitting your application.
3. Finalize Your Financial Aid
- Talk with your parents about their college budget for you
- Attend financial aid workshops with your parents
- Check financial aid deadlines for colleges
- Check scholarship application deadlines
Create a checklist to help you keep all the steps in the college application process straight and accounted for. This will show many important deadlines (test registration deadlines, college deadlines, etc.), but you can add additional custom tasks.