Tips for the Day Before Taking the SAT and ACT Test
You are signed up and ready to take the ACT or SAT test! Here are 5 tips to make getting ready for the test easy. Ace the test by starting off on the right foot. Have everything you need ready when you leave to take your test on a Saturday morning.
5 Test Day Tips
1. Get a good night’s rest Friday night. Make sure your brain is rested and alert before you take the test. Set yourself a curfew for Friday night so you can get enough sleep. Then you will perform your best.
2. Fuel yourself with a good breakfast. Make sure to include protein (eggs, yogurt, cheese, peanut butter). You will be testing for over 3 hours.
3. Perform the 48 hour Essentials check. Make sure you have organized into 1 place the essential items to bring with you to the test:
Admission Ticket. Required a printed copy of your admissions ticket.
#2 pencils with soft erasers: 2 or 3.
Acceptable calculators. See calculator policy. Your phone cannot be used as a calculator.
4. Organize back-up supplies. Pack your backpack with backup essentials:
Protein or energy bar
Watch (you CAN NOT use your phone during the test to keep time)
Extra batteries for your calculator.
5. Leave it at home. Some items are prohibited at the SAT or ACT tests.
Bad Attitude. See ACT’s Prohibited Behavior
Ipad, Ipod, etc.
Any device capable of recording, texting or taking a picture