What Do I Need to Get Ready to Take the SAT or ACT Test?
You are signed up and ready to take the ACT or SAT test! Here are five tips to make getting ready for the test easy. Ace the test by starting off on the right foot. Have everything you need ready when you leave to take your test on a Saturday morning.
Five Test Day Tips
1. Get a good night’s rest Friday night. Make sure your brain is rested and alert before you take the test. Set yourself a curfew for Friday night so you can get enough sleep. Then you will perform your best.
2. Fuel yourself with a good breakfast. Make sure to include protein (eggs, yogurt, cheese, peanut butter). You will be testing for over three hours.
3. Perform the 48 hour Essentials check. Make sure you have organized into one place the essential items to bring with you to the test:
Admission Ticket is required. Bring a printed copy of your admissions ticket.
#2 pencils with soft erasers: Bring two or three.
Acceptable calculators. See calculator policy. Your phone cannot be used as a calculator.
4. Organize back-up supplies. Pack your backpack with backup essentials such as:
Protein or energy bar
Watch (you CAN NOT use your phone during the test to keep time)
Extra batteries for your calculator
5. Leave it at home. Some items are prohibited at the SAT or ACT tests.
Bad Attitude. See ACT’s Prohibited Behavior
Ipad, Ipod, etc.
Any device capable of recording, texting, or taking a picture
The testing schedule you have previously created and stored in a folder on your computer helps you stay on track. Create reminders for test registrations and send to yourself early. Send yourself test day reminders the week of the test. These reminders will give you time to follow the Five Test Day Preparation tips.